If you are struggling with Organic Chemistry or just have a passion for it and would like an additional resource to learn and practice your knowledge, then welcome to Chemistry Steps.
Chemistry Steps has had millions of views, thousands of registered students, and teachers over the last years.
You can find more about what Chemistry Steps has to offer you here:
I am Gevorg Sargsyan, a full-time faculty and a big-time fan of Organic Chemistry. I hope you like what I write and it helps you on your way.
No long stories. Here is what I have been doing:
Started in Armenia. Bachelor’s of Organic Chemistry, Yerevan State University, 2005.
Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, the beautiful Wyoming, UW-2013. Go Pokes!
Post-Doc, the Swiss cheese, the chocolate, and the mountains. University of Geneva, 2015.
Texas-the heat, the food, the beach! South Texas College, full-time faculty 2015-present.
- N., Miros, Y. Zhao, G. Sargsyan, M, Pupier, C, Besnard, C. Beuchat, J. Mareda, N. Sakai, S. Matile*, Enolate Stabilization by Anion-π Interactions: Deuterium Exchange in Malonate Dilactones on π-Acidic Surfaces, Chem. Eur. J. 2016, DOI: 10.1002/chem.201504008
- Gasparini, G. Sargsyan, E.-K. Bang, N. Sakai, S. Matile*, Ring Tension Applied to Thiol-Mediated Cellular Uptake, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2015, 54, 7328-7331
- K. Choi, G. Sargsyan, Breiana Deon Johnson, M. Balaz*, Transition metal induced switch of fluorescence and absorption response of Zn(II)porphyrin-DNA conjugate to cysteine derivatives. RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 15916-15922
- Sargsyan, B. Leonard, J. Kubelka, and M. Balaz*, Chiral supramolecular polymers: ssDNA-templated porphyrin nanoassemblies with modular helicities, Chem. Eur. J., 2014, 7, 1878-1892
- Sargsyan, A. A. Schatz, J. Kubelka, M. Balaz*, Formation and helicity control of ssDNA templated porphyrin nanoassemblies, Chem. Commun., 2013, 49, 1020-1022
- K. Choi, G. Sargsyan, A. M. Olive, M. Balaz*, Highly sensitive and selective spectroscopic detection of mercury(II) in water using pyridylporphyrin-DNA conjugates. Chem. Eur. J., 2013, 19, 2515-2522
- G. Sargsyan and M. Balaz*, Porphyrin–DNA conjugates: porphyrin induced adenine–guanine homoduplex stabilization and interduplex assemblies, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2012, 10, 5533-5540
- G. Sargsyan, B. L. MacLeod, U. Tohgha, M. Balaz*, Sequence and linker dependent chiral dimerization of DNA-porphyrin conjugates, Tetrahedron, 2012, 68, 2093-2099
- J. K. Choi, G. Sargsyan, M. Shabbir-Hussain, A. E. Holmes, M. Balaz*, Chiroptical detection of condensed Nickel(II)-Z-DNA in the presence of the B-DNA via porphyrin exciton coupled circular dichroism, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2011, 115, 10182-10188